Daddy & Mia decided to play a game while we were working!
After church the girls & their imaginations were at play again!I was in the kitchen w/Roy and I saw a lot of toilet paper around the house. Here is what I found...2 pretty horses galloping around the house w/ their long, white tails!!! Roy & I looked at each other wanting to say "don't waste all the toilet paper"...instead we just started laughing and found it quite precious!!! Their imagination captivates us and I know we need to treasure these times and the ages they are:)


The girls love horses! They have really never ridden except Madeline did at the Strawberry Festival (18 months old) and at a birthday party a couple of years ago. Mia never has been on a horse. They have several toy horses of different kinds and would love to go riding at some point.
The problem is Mommy is very allergic to them, as well as, cats & bunnies! It is pretty sad...I would love for us to go on a vacation in the mountains and go on a ride as a family. My allergies to cats & rabbits is mild in comparison to the horse allergy. The horse allergy affects my breathing & respiratory system...my throat basically starts to close! This was confirmed a couple years ago when we went to Dixie Stampede for my birthday within a closed environment and it was pretty scary how fast it happened! Someone told me that it is considered a life threatening allergy and each time I put myself in that situation it will get worse. Once I stopped to think about it in 1993 or 1994 when I worked at Sea World and would walk w/ The Clydesdale's it was just typical allergies (sneezing , watery eyes). In 1999 when we lived in Branson, Mo. my sister came up and we went on a beautiful ride in Dogwood Canyon (owned by Bass Pro Shops, part of Big Cedar Lodge) and I don't recall it being too bad. However, in 1998 Roy & I went to Gatlinburg, Tn. on an hour long ride and that was the first time it actually closed my throat somewhat. The ride in Mo was only about a half hour. Since the Dixie Stampede incident 2 yrs. ago I have only been in the environment once at my niece's horse show in Tampa and with Benadryl on board it still took it's effect; even though I wasn't close to the horses...I guess there were so many in the area at the fairgrounds? So, our time there was mostly in the RV! This is probably something I should start praying about and ask the Lord to heal & deliver me from this allergy...I really desire for us to go on a family ride in the mountains...I can already visualize it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment