November 14, 2008

Making Your Home A Haven: Day 5...Inviting & Giving

Today is about inviting others into your home and reaching out... giving to others around you...neighbors, friends, church members, to name a few.

I was not able to participate today but I will put this into practice in the days ahead. I still have quite a bit of work to get this haven in order...I am thankful to be off to a good start from being encouraged, motivated and blessed by so many kind words this week. All the blogs I visited this week were such a delight and offered so many wonderful ideas! :) Thank you so much Monica for pouring your heart into this for all of us to be so blessed.

We did have a nice day today. Roy was playing in a golf tournament...Praise God he was able to get off work! My Dad came over and took the girls and I to lunch at Friendly's and then we came back and put together a 300 piece puzzle he brought over. After that we played Monopoly for at least a couple hours. Later on it was time for the girls & I to go outside and see if we could see the shuttle going up. It was pretty cloudy...we did spot it for a bit...after it was higher up in the sky. At that point it just appeared as a white light...we missed the pretty orange tones! :) We then realized we were locked out of the house...thankfully Roy was on his way back about 15 minutes away and the girls had sweaters on to protect from the mosquitos.


Grandpa & the girls at Friendly's


Mia chose the traditional hot fudge sundae today :)



Madeline chose mint chocolate chip with hot fudge :)


The 300 piece 2' x 3' Snow White puzzle


We were pretty far along playing Monopoly here. Mia was getting tired and bored of us playing this game and Madeline didn't want to stop!

Thanks for coming over Dad and treating us to lunch...we had a lovely afternoon!

No comments: