Well, to update from yesterday...
It was a very challenging day. I started out by dusting & doing laundry and I didn't get much further then that. Then I was focused with the girls & their schoolwork. I think I had hopes of doing too much cleaning in between the girls doing their seatwork. That was unfair of me and led to my impatience with them. We did get the schooling done...it could have gone much smoother though had I not been so overwhelmed with "my plans".
Roy was home and he was VERY helpful as he always is. My awesome husband swept the kitchen and vacuumed...I am so thankful & blessed!
It was a busy day and we had a community meeting to attend for homeschooling last night. I made my hubby's birthday cake right before we left. It was at this meeting that the Lord showed me something about this day of cleaning. I thought it was about me tackling some of the many areas that I had gotten behind on. With the events of the day though, through my moments of frustration, impatience & anger at times...He showed me it was about cleaning my heart out yesterday. The need to adjust the focus in some areas and to be cautious of the direction I was traveling in others.
I did not have my quiet time with the Lord yesterday. I am so grateful that His plans don't depend on my obedience or lack of obedience to Him. I am blessed by all that he showed me yesterday and how I can make life so difficult & complicated when I don't keep him first. I am encouraged today that Joy truly does come in the morning!
Today is my husband's birthday...Happy Birthday Honey! What better way to care for this home than to celebrate my wonderful husband and enjoy this day with our girls. He woke up with a pretty bad headache so please agree with us in prayer that it will be gone in Jesus' name.
I pray that all of your days are going well and that you are blessed! God is so Good!!!!
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing so honestly - hope today is a great day for you!
I love your transparency. It is clear that God is doing a great work in you! Praying for your week!
Post a Comment