September 15, 2007

Curriculum For Main Subjects...

This is a very brief & limited view of the girls main curriculum. I am still organizing trying to find a spot that I can store everything together. Madeline had a lot more material than I was expecting for First Grade. Will show more pics in a couple weeks or so.
Main subjects lesson plans

For K-Phonics, Reading, Handwriting, Seatwork, Math & we're doing Social Studies & God's World (Science)

For 1st-Phonics, Reading, Handwriting, Seatwork, Spelling, Language, Poetry, Arithmetic, God's World, My America & My World, Community Helpers & Health, Safety & Manners

For both of these curriculums there are many flashcards, games, charts, visuals, readers, worksheets, etc. ABeka is a great curriculum and is used in many private chrisian schools all over. It is also very popular for homeschooling and easy to follow. It does not ever feel like I am missing something or leaving anything out. The kids & I love it because it is very colorful and the illustrations keep their attention! They have a great website with lots of info and even colored pictures of everything. http://www.abeka.com/

No comments: