
We had a wonderful day Saturday afternoon painting. We had bought some wooden cutouts at Michael's as gifts for Uncle Carl's Birthday and for Grandparents Day on Sunday.
We had so much fun together doing this! The girls did not even mind having Mom & Dad help out with the fine details. We talked about buying some of the smaller ones and painting them as ornaments for gift giving at Christmas. I love giving handmade gifts!
Here are the finished masterpieces...
Grandpa- train & plane~ his love to travel
Grandma-butterfly & puppy~ love of outdoors & dogs
Uncle Carl- dinosaur & turtle~ love of History & fun
Grandma-butterfly & puppy~ love of outdoors & dogs
Uncle Carl- dinosaur & turtle~ love of History & fun
I decided to paint a picture frame to insert one of the pics from a recent cruise my brother-in-law & sister took to the Caribbean. I used scrapbook stickers to play up the theme a bit.
The finished look...oops...I forgot to get a shot with the picture in it!It was a very nice day and I was grateful for the time we had together. Painting has always been so relaxing for me and I am glad that the girls enjoy it too. The evening ended with the baking of several dozen Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and two Peanut Butter Pies into the wee hours of the night for our family gathering the next day. Thankful I was to have so much help from my Hubby...he is so good to me!
Thank you Lord for my family and all that you give to me each day!
2 comments:
What a great day! Everything looks great - and those treats sound amazing. I bet you had a wonderful family gathering. Please hop over to my blog for prayer updates, Thanks!
That is so awesome! We have so much paint and I rarely whip it out because although Jayden manages pretty well, Maya is a maniac with paint and a brush! lol The girls are really talented. You can tell they really like it! PS Jayden misses his new girls.
Post a Comment