August 20, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay...

We have been following the track of Fay since it was in the mid-Atlantic...Roy & I love this time of year! I know it may seem strange but we are fascinated by the weather. We thought we were going to get a more direct hit from the wind initially, so when the track changed I think we were a little disappointed. I can't explain our passion for this type of weather other than when Roy & I were in Mississippi visiting his Mom back in 1998 and Hurricane George came through the Gulf Coast there. We put on our rain suits, boots and headed out into the elements (before it got real bad!) to help secure some things in her condo community at the clubhouse that had come loose, I believe. It was the coolest thing to walk in those high winds, leaning forward...almost bent at the waist to keep from falling over or flying away...LOL!!! I can still remember...so every year we are excited anticipating what we may get to see! I guess this is one area in my life I have never had to struggle with fear...Praise God for that!! :)


Roy was up on the roof Sunday evening filling in some areas around our ridge vent when we thought we were going to be getting the heavy rain.


This was what the sky looked like last night when we started to get some of the bands of the storm. It was the coolest color between the dark clouds and the sunset trying hard to peek through! This was the best picture that came out of the color...looking up at the clouds.


We decided to take a drive to go into Orlando and see a little more than we were getting. This picture is in our little town.

Roy got the truck fixed...Praise God!!! He worked on the lights yesterday when he came home and they are working!! The leak that we had was found and he took almost everything apart twice and got it all put back together and it is doing great...Praise God for the wisdom & knowledge he gave my husband!


This was looking the other direction...it was beginning to get windy!!!


We were almost in the area of Universal Studios and saw a gas station that was much lower than our area...so Roy topped it off. The girls were having fun hanging out in truck again :)


Then they started to get silly in that short time waiting for Daddy. Here is Madeline's funny face!
Then it was Mia's turn!


We decided to drive through Disney...there is a spot near the Magic Kingdom that we usually always see deer on the side of the road at night. We didn't know the fireworks were about to start so we had to turn around and go a different way. We then found a great new spot to view the fireworks though...much closer than our last spot! This pic to me looks like a strawberry, what do you think?


The girls were tired from waking up early yesterday and then all the excitement from driving around or maybe from their day of schoolwork?? Hmmm...either way they couldn't stay awake until we made it back home! :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's hysterical. You could have been a storm tracker! LOL