September 6, 2008

What We Have Spotted In Our Yard Lately...

We have seen 2 turtles, a cute little bird on our feeder and today...the black racer (not excited and it is not cute at all!!)


Today when we saw this one, it had a very interesting twist. The girls noticed earlier that 3 lizards were hanging out up higher on the window. This usually means a snake is in the bushes... we have been observing and have come to this conclusion. A little later I hear "MOM, COME HERE...A DIFFERENT SNAKE IS IN THE BUSHES"!!!! When I got to the window I got a quick look, not long enough though and no picture before it went back down in the bushes. A few minutes later..."MOM I SEE A BIG ONE"!!! The first one I had never seen before and the colors/patterns concerned me even though it had to be very young, skinny, etc. The second one was a black racer and when I got to the window it was in the process of swallowing I believe the first one we saw?? I could not believe how fast it happened!!! In a way I was relieved that we see the black racers occasionally and that it took care of that snake (in case it was venomous). On the other hand I just really do not like snakes of any size, kind...period!!


This past week this little guy was crawling through the yard looking for water...it seemed like it could smell the water in the bird bath? The girls wanted us to go get the kiddie pool and put it in there!! :)


We have a small bird feeder so I was so excited to see a little bird on it that could fit and still stay on it & eat...it was so cute!


This one was in a neighbors driveway down the street about to cross the road!

No comments: