May 16, 2008

Our "special" & unwelcome visitation this morning!!!

Click on the pictures below to see our "visitor"


Here's a head shot!


almost full length...it was pretty long and hard to see in the grass!


I just got out of bed, opened the blinds in the front room and what greets me out in the grass….a snake!!!! We have watched this horrible thing for 20 minutes with its head sticking up in the grass, like a stick someone had stuck in the ground!!! Yuck…I pray it is only a black snake and not a water moccasin…this is what I like least about summer in Clermont!!!

So, we thought we’d share this experience with you all…don’t evaluate by its size…it could have been one 10X that size easy…I can’t stand any of them!!!!!

The good that came from this you might ask…a great lesson about teaching the girls 1) The importance of praying before they go in the yard and 2) Being aware of what’s around them while they are playing.

SO, we are happy to bring you this black & white realization that summer is about here in every way!!!!!

Update: It was a black racer...Praise the Lord!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is so scary! Great way to handle it though. Quick thinker!