We had a very exhausting day with the enemy trying to wear us down! It started with Roy having to go to the urgent care center for his prayer request and then our family came over to celebrate the birthday girls!
I made dinner and we had just said the blessing and were sitting down to eat. All I remember was me about to take my first bite of the creamy chicken enchiladas with the bite almost up to my mouth when Roy said "Denise, take that knife away from Mia!!" I then bit down on what I thought was the bite of food so I could get up to get the knife off of the girls table. I bit down on what felt SO hard and within a second I realized I must have caught majority of the fork in that bite right down the middle of my upper front teeth. I said "Oh my God...wondering what just happened Lord?" and went straight to my bathroom and I don't think anyone knew yet what had happened. I had intense pressure and pain in my front teeth up top like something was jammed in them pushing them either together or apart...it was hard to tell!! I grabbed the dental floss and when I flossed in that area part of my tooth came out with it...I then totally lost it and started balling!! These front teeth were bonded about 16-17 years ago to fill in a space I had always had growing up. Back then my dentist said it would probably last about maybe 8-10 years. So I know I have been very blessed but, I grew up so picky and self concious about these teeth and the day they were bonded I was SO HAPPY to have the transformation ( I know that is vain, I am being honest!)...it truly broke me when this happened today. The things that went through my head today were silly but I was so upset and angry with the enemy for trying to attack my family and I was thinking Oh my gosh...this is going to cost so much money to fix this!!
Roy then realized something was going on when I was still in the bathroom and he found me sobbing and at a point of surrendering with the Lord...please God I can't handle anymore today!!! Roy was awesome and so compassionate and helped me Stand in Faith and told me it would all work out!! It really opened my eyes to see how vain I still am...it amazed me that God could use this one circumstance that the enemy intended for harm and the Lord turned it around for His good and taught me so much!! It does hurt right now and it feels rough on my tongue...other than that I am once again in Awe of the Lord and His mercy & grace that is new everyday!!!
A little later after dinner, some of us had coffee and Mia went under the table and was being shy and she must have grabbed the tablecloth to try to cover herself up and within a split second everything on the table including a mug of coffee landed on the floor and shattered!! You can imagine the scene with 3 dogs running around and the adults trying to clean up the puddles of coffee and the broken mug all over the floor...it was crazy!!! This happened so fast that our eyes could not even follow it all hitting the ground...it was almost comical :)
It was an awesome day though...regardless of these events...God is so Good, Merciful and Faithful! !! We had such a great time playing Cranium...laughing and enjoying one anothers company...the family time we are all so blessed to have :)


No comments:
Post a Comment